|Photo: Strawberry Jam Recipe|
The kitchen (The Home of Delicious Arabic Food Recipes) invites you to try Strawberry Jam Recipe. Enjoy the Arabic Cuisine and learn how to make Strawberry Jam.
1 Kilo strawberry
5 Cups sugar
1 Tbs lemon juice
– Clean strawberries and place in a bowl alternatively with sugar to have several layers (last layer should be sugar).
– Cover with plastic cling and refrigerate for one day.
– Place strawberries with its juices and the lemon juice in a heavy-bottomed pot over medium heat. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and let cook for 5 minutes. Drain strawberries then reduce syrup for 30 minutes.
– Add strawberries, bring to a boil for 10 minutes then remove from heat.
– let cool then pack and seal in sterile jars and refrigerate.
Strawberry jam doneness test:
– Place 1 teaspoon of jam in cold plate in the refrigerator for few minutes, if jelled then it`s done. If not, continue cooking until completely done.