|Sesame or Tahini Halva Tart|
This is a unique and easy Middle Eastern dessert dish. All lovers of tarts and sesame “tahini” halva are invited to try it. Serve it for your friends and family.
Cooking time: 8 minutes | Serves: 8 persons
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 small pinch of salt
1/2 cup soft butter
1/2 cup castor sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup castor sugar
1 cup dried milk powder
1/2 tsp cardamon
3/4 cup tahini (sesame paste)
1 cup crushed pistachios
1. Tart dough: on a piece of parchment paper sift flour, baking soda and salt.
2. In an electric mixer bowl add butter, sugar and brown sugar. process until ingredients combine.
3. Add the eggs and vanilla. process until the egg is well mixed.
4. Add the flour mixture (Flour, baking soda and salt) and process until the dough is well combined. Wrap dough with plastic and place it in the fridge for 30 minutes.
5. Preheat panggangan to 180°C. Bring a small size cupcake pan.
6. Put the dough between two parchment papers and use a rolling pin to roll the dough until becomes thin.
|dough between two parchment papers|
7. Use a round biscuit cutter size 2 inch to cut dough into circles.
|Cutting dough into circles|
8. Flip the cupcake pan and let it sit on it’s face. Put the dough circles on the back of the cupcake. Press gently on the sides of the dough to take the shape of the cupcake.
|Tarts placed on the cupcakes|
9. Place the pan in the panggangan for 8 to 9 minutes until golden brown.
10. Remove pan from the panggangan and let it cool a little.
11. Remove the tart gently from the pan and let the tart cool completely.
12. Sesame or tahini halva: In a bowl, add sugar, milk, cardamon and tahini. Mix using a spoon until well combined and becomes like putty.
13 Distribute halva in the tarts and press well on it to take the shape of the tart and become flat.
14. Place pistachios on the halva, press a little on the pistachio to stick with halva.
15. Place the Sesame or Tahini Halva Tart in a serving dish. Serve