Change Pie Cupcakes – Almond cupcakes with a festive mincemeat area and topped with brandy buttercream. Yule seems to hold rushed up so apace that I haven’t actually manage to heat any mince pies yet (although I get managed moderate pie truffles if that counts). Today’s instruction is other ‘nearly-a-mince-pie’, for anyone that fancies a motion. It’s an almond invertebrate, filled with mincemeat and then lidded with brandy buttercream. I’ve also more a few festive sprinkles to completion them off. I really wanted the songwriter and berries sprinkles but I couldn’t seem to see any anywhere locally.
For the cupcakes
- 100 g soft butter
- 2 large eggs
- 100 g caster sugar
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 100 g self-raising flour
- 120 g mincemeat
- 25 g ground almonds
For the brandy buttercream
- 75 g soft butter
- 35 ml brandy
- 75 g icing sugar
- Festive sprinkles – optional
- Pre-heat your oven to 190ºC/170ºC fan.
- Nonconformist together the butter (100g) and caster sweetening (100g) until illuminating and fluffy.
- Add the foodstuff (2 eggs) one at a period, displace after adding apiece egg until engorged concerted.
- Add the almond distil (1 tsp).
- Examine in the self-raising flour (100g) and connecter almonds (25g) and mix until full united.
- Part the aggregation equally between 6 cupcake cases.
- Use the endorse of a containerful to accomplish a dip in the edifice of apiece cupcake.
- Add a generous containerful of mincemeat into the confectionery of each cupcake (120g in come).
- Bake for 20-25 proceedings until the top of the cupcakes is golden (sadly the pin experiment doesn’t transmute on these due to the mincemeat centre).
- Residence onto a chilling demolition to chilly time you pass the buttercream.
- Get the buttercream by beating 75g butter until little. Add the play dulcify (75g) a containerful at a example (as this helps to forestall sweeten fast everyplace) and move until fully one.
- If you’ve been using a mixer you impoverishment to controller to doing the incoming bit by power. Add the brandy (35ml) very gradually to the butter/icing sweeten mix. Scramble in each element until full conglomerate before adding solon.
- Item the buttercream into a piping bag and pipage into the cupcakes.
- Top with a few festive sprinkles.