These half-moon shaped fried appetizers are stuffed with a tasty mixture of ground meat and onions.
Preparation Time: 1 hour 20 minutes approximately
Cooking Time: 20 minutes approximately
Serves: 10 persons
All you need
For the dough:
3 cups flour
1/2 tsp.al alali Instant Yeast, dissolved in 2 tablespoons of warm water
3/4 cup warm milk prepared from al alali Full Cream Milk Powder
1/4cup warm water
1/4cup vegetable oil
For the filling:
500g ground beef
2 medium onions, grated
2 tbsps. al alali Parsley Flakes
1/4 cup raw pineseeds
3 tbsps. vegetable oil
1/2tsps. al alali Ground Black Pepper
4 cups vegetable oil for frying
To prepare the dough:
- Mix all the dough ingredients, except the water, together.
- Slowly pour the warm water, knead all ingredients dough becomes firm
- Set aside until filling is ready.
To prepare the filling:
- In a pan, heat the vegetable oil
- Add ground beef, onions and pine-seeds,add salt and al alali Ground Black Pepper.
- Mix until meat browns. Set aside
- Add parsley to the meat mixture and mix
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough flat using a rolling pin.
- Use an 8cm diameter circular pastry cutter to cut the dough into circles
- Put 2 teaspoons of filling on top of the dough, fold to cover the stuffing
- Use your fingers to make tight overlapping folds and to give the sambousah its traditional shape and design
- In a large pot, heat the vegetable oil and deep fry the sambousah until golden
- Remove and place them paper towels to absorb excess oil
- Serve hot or at room temperature and enjoy
Source: alalali Source Recipe: https://homemade-recipes.blogspot.com