|Photo: Macaroni with béchamel recipe|
The kitchen (The Home of Delicious Arabic Food Recipes) invites you to try Macaroni with béchamel Recipe. Enjoy the Arabic Cuisine and learn how to make Macaroni with béchamel.
½ kilo macaroni
2 Tbs corn oil
1 onion (medium size), chopped
½ Kilo ground meat
Salt and pepper For the béchamel
3 Tbs butter
3 Tbs flour
2 Cups milk
Salt and white pepper
1/8 tsp nutmeg, grated
2 Tbs mozzarella cheese, grated Salt, pepper and ground nutmeg
– Cook macaroni in boiling salted water, stir once or twice for the first few minutes remove and drain then place in a large pot, add some oil.
– Heat oil in a skillet over a medium heat, add onion, and stir for 5 minutes until tender.
– Add minced beef, stir occasionally and leave for 10 minutes.
– Reduce heat, season mixture with salt and pepper, leave for 20 minutes or until most of the liquid evaporate.
For béchamel sauce
– Heat butter in a saucepan over a medium heat, add flour and stir for 3 minutes.
– Add milk to the mixture while continuously whisking with a hand mixer (so that chunks will not be formed) until combined and sauce is thickened.
– leave sauce to cool, add the egg and beat well with the sauce, season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
– Preheat panggangan to 180°C.
– Divide sauce into 2 parts.
– Mix one half with 3 tablespoons of minced beef and half of the macaroni.
– Place the mixture in an panggangan pan as a first layer, and then add remaining beef, mozzarella cheese as a second layer and the macaroni as a third layer, top with remaining béchamel sauce.
– Bake in the panggangan for 40 minutes or until surface is golden, set to cool before cutting.