|Kousa Mihshi Bi Laban|
Yield: 20 servings
6.50 kg Zucchini
1.20 kg Beef, minced
20.00 g Knorr Beef Bouillon Powder
100.00 g Pine seeds
30.00 ml Knorr Corn Oil
400.00 g Onions, chopped
200.00 g Mint Leaves
60.00 g Knorr Chicken Bouillon Powder
1.00 kg Rice, egyptian
150.00 g Ghee
10.00 g Cinnamon powder
10.00 g 7 spices
5.00 g Nutmeg Powder
4.00 g Ground black pepper
10.00 g Salt
10.00 g Paprika Powder
400.00 g Knorr Mashed Potato
2.00 l Boiling Water
2.00 kg Yoghurt
40.00 g Garlic, minced
15.00 g Mint, dry
30.00 g Knorr Lime Seasoning Powder
5.00 g Nutmeg Powder
5.00 g Salt
5.00 g White pepper
1. Choose medium sized zucchini. Wash and cut of stem end. Using a corer hollow out zucchini leaving rounded end intact. (I actually use the wrong end of a small spoon and it works for me) Try not to puncture the skin. Soak in salted water for 10 minutes.
2. Sauté onions in butter until transparent, add pine nuts until golden brown.
3. Add pan contents to ground meat and Knorr Beef Bouillon Powder. Mix in rice, parsley, spices and about a teaspoon of salt, pepper and Knorr Corn Oil if meat is lean.
4. Fill zucchini with stuffing. (The rice expands and the meat will shrink so fill them all the way).
5. Arrange zucchini in layers in a large pot, sprinkling each layer lightly with Knorr Chicken Bouillon Powder. Add water and invert a plate on top of the zucchini and bring to a slow simmer, cover and simmer gently for 1 hour or until tender.
6. Meanwhile heat the stabilized yogurt. When it begins to simmer/boil, add garlic, spices and Knorr Lime Seasoning Powder. Boil for 2 minutes, then remove from heat.
7. When zucchinis are cooked, remove plate and pour garlic yogurt mixture over them and leave over medium heat for 10 minutes to boil gently. Cook uncovered until sauce is thick.
8. Crush the dried mint to a coarse powder and sprinkle on top. Leave off the heat for 10 minutes before serving. Serve with Knorr Mash Potato mashed potatoes or steamed rice.
Source: Unilever Food Solutions Source Recipe: https://homemade-recipes.blogspot.com