|Knafeh with cream and nuts|
Cooking time: 15 minutes | servings: 8 persons
500 grams Knafeh (shredded filo dough)
1 1/2 cup melted margarine
2 cups milk
2 tbsp flour
3 tbsp starch
2 tbsp sugar
1 tsp orange blossom water
1 cup hazelnut, halves
1 cup cashew
ater (Sugar syrup)
1. Preheat panggangan to 200°C.
2. Bring 10 inch size pan.
3. Put knafeh in a deep bowl. Using kitchen scissors or your fingertips cut knafeh into small strings.
4. Add the margarine to knafeh and Mix with your fingertips until the knafeh is covered well with margarine.
5. Cream: In a medium sauce pan add milk, flour, starch, sugar, and orange blossom water. Using a manual beater, mix milk until starch dissolves.
6. Place the sauce pan over medium heat. Using a wooden spoon stir milk until it begins to boil and becomes thick. Let cream cool completely.
7. To form Knafeh: Put the cashew on the sides of the pan in a decorative and attractive way. Put the hazelnut in a circle in the center of the pan in order to get an attractive form when serving knafeh.
8. Spread two-thirds of the knafeh over the nuts to cover the base and edges.
9. Spread the cream over knafeh taking into consideration not to reach the edge of the pan. Spread remaining knafeh over cream to cover it completely. Press hard with you hand on knafeh to stick with the cream and the lower layer.
10. Place knafeh in panggangan for 15 minutes until golden brown.
11. Remove knafeh from oven. Flip it directly on a wide serving dish.
12. Directly, pour sugar syrup over knafeh while it is hot.
13. Put the knafeh on the kitchen table and let it cool completely.
14. To serve: Garnish knafeh with minced pistachio. Source Recipe: https://homemade-recipes.blogspot.com