Cooking time: 30 minutes | Serves: 8
1 package Kataifi (shredded filo dough)
500 grams akawi cheese
For the formation:
Margarine or oil
1. In a small sauce pan, add 1 cup of margarine. Place over mediam heat until margarine melts. Put it aside.
2. Put the cheese in a colander to get rid of the water completely.
3. In a wide tray with short-edge, place 2 cups of margarine. Add a little of knafeh coloring using the color that you prefer.
4. With your fingertips, mix margarine with coloring then spread it in the tray.
5. In a wide tray, put the knafeh. Pour the colored margarine over it. Mix with your fingertips until the kunafa is covered well with margarine.
6. Spread the knafeh in the tray and let it cover the base completely. Press the mixture evenly onto the base.
7. Spread cheese on Kunafa layer.
8. Put the tray over medium heat. Begin by moving the knafeh tray on fire in a circular motion for several minutes until the cheese melts and the Knafeh becomes crust.
9. Directly flip the kanfeh tray over the serving dish. Pour the syrup over knafeh then garnish with minced pistachio.
10. Serve it hot with more syrup.