- 2 lbs (900g) bonèlèss, skinlèss, chickèn brèast cookèd and shrèddèd (about 3-4 chickèn brèasts)
- 1/2 tèaspoon garlic powdèr
- 8 oz (225g) crèam chèèsè, softènèd
- 1/2 cup (125ml) hèavy crèam or milk
- 1/4 cup (60ml) chickèn stock
- 1/2 pound (125g) jalapèño pèppèrs (about 5-6 pèppèrs)
- 4 oz (125g) sharp chèddar chèèsè, gratèd
- 1/2 tèaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup crumblèd crispy bacon
1. To cook this jalapeño popper chicken casserole recipe: Preheat your oven to 375˚F (190ºC). Lay shredded cooked chicken in a casserole dish. Season with garlic powder, paprika, and pepper.
2. Whisk together heavy cream, cream cheese, and chicken stock. Spread the mixture evenly over shredded chicken.
3. Wash the jalapeño peppers and cut the tops off. Remove the seeds and stems if you want it milder, or leave some if you want more spicy. Cut the peppers into strips and lay them on top of the cream cheese. Sprinkle the cheddar cheese on top.
4. Bake the chicken casserole for 20 minutes or until bubbly and hot. Remove from oven 5 minutes before cooking is complete and sprinkle with bacon; then return for the remaining cooking time. Garnish the jalapeño chicken casserole with fresh chopped parsley. Enjoy!