Fish Sayadieh is popular Middle Eastern dish. It is simple to prepare, using fish, brown rice and a separate brown sauce, covered with some roasted nuts.
For the Rice
Sea Bass 2 kg
Knorr Patak’s Korma Paste 150 g
Basmati rice 600 g
Onion, slices 300 g
cumin seeds 5 g
Caraway, seeds 5 g
Cinnamon sticks 2 pc
Roasted Pine nuts 100 g
Almonds, roasted 100 g
Knorr Corn Oil (4x5L) 100 ml
Knorr Fish Bouillon Powder 20 g
Salt & Pepper 10 g
For the Rice
- Remove the head and tail before rubbing the fish fillets with 100g Knorr Patak’s Korma Paste and marinade for 20min. heat the Knorr Corn Oil in a pan and fry the fish, when cooked removed and flake into big pieces, set aside.
- In the same pan fry off the onions (add the fish head and tail if you have this) till soft and browned. Add the spices and the rest of the Knorr Patak’s Korma Paste sautéed for 30 seconds then add the water and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove the fish head and tail from the liquid and add the Knorr Fish Bouillon Powder, rice and cook on low heat for 25 minutes till cooked through and liquid has evaporated.
- Plate the rice onto platter, reheat the fish pieces and place on top of the rice.
- Garnish with the toasted nuts and parsley.
Source: Unilever Food Solutions Source Recipe: https://homemade-recipes.blogspot.com