|Eid Kaak with Dates|
Cooking time: 20 minutes servings: 100
2 cups very hot margarine
7 cups flour
2 tsp smell of kaak (special kaak spices)
2 tbsp toasted sesame
1/2 cup warm water
1 tbsp yeast
1 tsp sugar
1/2 cup milk
500 grams Ajwa (dates)
1 tsp cinnamon
Fine powder sugar
1. Dough: Using an electric mixer fitted with paddle attachment, mix flour, smell of kaak and sesame. Process on slow speed for some seconds until ingredients are mixed.
2. Add the hot margarine and process on slow speed for 4-5 minutes until the flour is well mixed with margarine. Leave the mixture in the bowl to cool completely.
3. In a small cup, put the water, sugar and yeast. cover the cup and set aside until bubbles up.
4. Add the yeast mixture and milk to the flour mixture. Process on slow speed for 2-3 minutes until dough is formed. Cover and let it rest for 60 minutes.
5. Stuffing: Put cinnamon on dates, mix well with your fingertips until soft.
6. Bring half sheet pans, divide the dough into small balls 3 cm, place little dates mixture in the dough ball then form it like a thick ball and decorate it using a small tool dedicated for kaak decoration called “maamoul tong”. Place kaak in the pans leaving spaces between them. Leave kaak to rest for 60 minutes.
7. Place pans in a preheated panggangan on 180°C for 15-20 minutes until golden brown. Remove pans from panggangan and let it cool before being transferred from the pans. Keep it in tight food containers. Sprinkle with fine powder sugar directly before serving. Source Recipe: https://homemade-recipes.blogspot.com