|Crimson Beet Falafel|
Serve this colorful falafel with yogurt sprinkled with black sesame seeds for a tasty snack.
Preparation Time: 2 hours 30 minutes approximately
Cooking Time: 15 minutes approximately
Serves: 6 persons
All you need
4 tbps. extra olive oil
1 large onion, finely chopped
2 tsps. ground cumin
1/4 tsp. al alali Allspice
400 g can al alali Diced Beets
1 cup milk prepared from al alali Full Cream Milk Powder
1 cup chickpeas flour
Salt to taste
al alali Ground Black Pepper to taste
3 tbsps. cooked chickpeas
2 tbsps. lemon juice
Vegetable oil for deep frying
- In a pan, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Sauté onion, cumin and al alali Allspice over medium heat for 3 minutes. Set aside in a bowl
- Grate al alali Diced Beets
- In a medium nonstick pan, boil the milk prepared from al alali Full Cream Milk Powder, then reduce heat and simmer
- Gradually mix chickpeas flour until become smooth paste. Continue mixing to avoid lumps
- Add salt and al alali Ground Black Pepper to the milk mixture, add the remaining olive oil and cook over low heat for 8 minutes, stirring all the time with a wooden spoon until mixture becomes ball of paste. Let it cool
- In a big bowl, mix all together
- Use your hands to form a golf-ball sized balls, place balls on a baking sheet. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours
- In a large pot, heat oil. Carefully place the falafel into the oil, fry each side for about 2 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove the falafel and place on paper towels to drain excess oil.
- Serve and enjoy!