|Photo: Cookies Filled with Fig, Dates and Apricot Recipe|
The Lebanese Recipes Kitchen (The home of delicious Lebanese Recipes and Middle Eastern food recipes) invites you to try Cookies Filled with Fig, Dates and Apricot Recipe. Enjoy the Middle Eastern Cuisine and learn how to make Cookies Filled with Fig, Dates and Apricot.
1 cup dry fig
1 cup dry apricots
1 cup dry dates
1 cup water
½ cup sugar
For the dough
½ cup soft butter
½ cup cream cheese
½ cup sugar
1¾ cups flour
1 tablespoon anise
½ teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon vanilla
1 egg (beaten for brushing)
– In saucepans separately put figs, apricots and dates over a medium heat , divide both the water and sugar amounts over each one, cook for 5 minutes.
– Remove from heat, and puree each in a blender to have a paste consistency.
– Preheat panggangan to 180 °C.
– Combine butter, cheese and sugar in an electric beater; beat on a medium speed until creamy.
– Mix flour with anise, baking powder, baking soda vanilla and salt, gradually add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, beat until well-combined and homogenous dough is obtained.
– Cover the dough and chill for 30 minutes.
– On a floured surface, roll out the dough with a rolling pin, and divide it into 3 thin rectangles.
– Put the desired stuffing on the rectangle dough, roll it to form a cylinder, brush the surface with egg wash, cut into slices and place them on a baking sheet.
– Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
– Allow to cool, then arrange on a serving plate.
Source: Chef Osama
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.