|Chicken maqluba and vegetables in the oven|
Cooking time: 40 minutes
1 kilo chicken
1 large onion, quarters
10 whole Black pepper
2 bay leaves
1 tablespoon mixed spices
1 teaspoon turmeric
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
2 teaspoon salt
1 large eggplant, thick slices
1 small head cauliflower, pieces
2 large potato, thick slices
2 hot pepper, rings
2 1/2 cup basmati rice
fried nuts, fried onions
1. In a deep saucepan put chicken and water. Place the pan on medium heat until it boils. Remove foam.
2. Add onion, pepper and bay leaves. Cook chicken for 50 minutes or until cooked.
3. Take out the chicken from the saucepan and place it in a dish. Strain broth then add mixed spices, turmeric, cinnamon, pepper and salt. Stir ingredients.
4. Fry eggplant until golden brown. Place it on kitchen papers to obsorb extra oil.
5. Fry cauliflower until golden brown. Place it on kitchen papers to obsorb extra oil.
6. Fry potatoes until golden brown. Place it on kitchen papers to obsorb extra oil.
7. Fry pepper until golden brown. place it on kitchen papers to obsorb extra oil.
8. Wash rice and rinse it for 30 minutes.
9. Prepare a large tray with a high edge.
10. Spread a little of the fried onion into the tray. Spread chicken pieces. Spread eggplant, cauliflower, potatoes and pepper. Spread more fried onion.
11. Strain rice and spread it over chicken and fried vegetables.
12. Pour 5 1/2 cups of broth over rice. Cover tray with foil.
13. Preheat panggangan to 180 c. Place tray in the middle rack of the panggangan for 30 minutes until cooked.
14. Remove Maqluba from oven. Prepare a serving dish similar to the size of maqluba tray. Place the dish on the tray and invert maqluba.
15. Garnish with nuts and fried onion. Serve.
Source Recipe: https://homemade-recipes.blogspot.com