These creamy Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars start with a shortbread crust, a thick cheesecake layer, and are topped with diced cinnamon apples and a sweet streusel topping.
These Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars have a flaky shortbread crust, a simple cheesecake filling, and has cinnamon apples and a brown sugar streusel on top. Drizzle caramel sauce on top when serving
You can add the caramel on top of the caramel apple cheesecake bars right before serving or before you chill them.
This recipe is always requested any time I bring it anywhere.
Absolutely. You can freeze these caramel apple cheesecake bars. Just like most cheesecakes, this recipe freezes well. Just make sure to save the caramel topping for when serving.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup 2 sticks butter softened
- 3 8- ounce packages cream cheese softened
- 3/4 cup sugar , plus 2 tablespoons, divided
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 Granny Smith apples , peeled, cored and finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick cooking oats
- 1/2 cup 1 stick butter softened
- 1/2 cup caramel topping for drizzling after baked
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour and brown sugar. Cut in butter with a pastry blender (or 2 forks) until mixture is crumbly. Press evenly into a 9×13 baking pan lined with heavy-duty aluminum foil. Bake 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese with 3/4 cup sugar in an electric mixer at medium speed until smooth. Then add eggs, 1 at a time, and vanilla. Stir to combine. Pour over warm crust.
- In a small bowl, stir together chopped apples, remaining 2 tablespoons sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Spoon evenly over cream cheese mixture.
- For the streusel topping: In a small bowl, combine all ingredients. I like to really combine it by using my clean hands to thoroughly combine the butter into the mixture.
- Sprinkle Streusel topping over apples. Bake 40-45 minutes, or until filling is set. Drizzle with caramel topping and let cool. Serve cold and enjoy! Make 16 servings.