|Basbousa with hazelnuts and almonds|
Cooking time: 30 minutes | serves: 8
3 cups fine semolina
1 teaspoon baking powder
0.25 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup coconut
1/4 cup rose water
1 cup melted butter
2 cups yogurt
1/2 cup hazelnuts roasted, halved
1/2 cup shelled almonds, skins removed
1.5 cups hot syrup
1. Bring a rectangular tray size 13 × 9 inch or round tray 10-inch size, greese it with butter.
2. Place in a deep dish semolina, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, coconut, using a broad wooden spoon or a plastic spoon and stir until just combined .
3. Add rose water, butter, yogurt and stir until just combined.
4. Power and level mixture into the prepared pan.
5. Put the Basbousa in the fridge for an hour to double the semolina size.
6. Using a wet knife cut Basbousa and then put the halfs of almonds and hazelnuts on the surface of Basbousa.
7. Preheat panggangan to 180°C. bake for 30 minutes until golden brown.
8. Remove the pan from the panggangan and immediately Distribute hot syrup on basbousa.
9. Leave Basbousa at the kitchen table to cool completely, then slice it. Serve