This sweet and spicy roasted cauliflower recipe is the perfect oven roasted side dish. Toss it on a sheet pan and it’s ready in no time! It’s vegan and gluten free, and it’s great for adding to meal prep!
This sweet and spicy cauliflower is one of those recipes you can keep on hand, in the back of your mind. When you see cauliflower on sale. When you have cauliflower that’s on the verge of going bad. Or when you have a mixture of random vegetables in the fridge and you need a solution right now – this is the kind of recipe that saves your ass at hangry dinnertime.
Sweet and Spicy Baked Cauliflower Recipe
BEST roasted cauliflower recipe. Tossed in an easy sweet and spicy marinade and baked for 30 min. So good!
Keep it simple with this oven-roasted side dish. Cauliflower florets are tossed in an irresistible sweet and spicy marinade and baked until tender.
- 4 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 Tablespoon sriracha
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 Tablespoon tamari or soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400º. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl (or a Ziplock bag) combine cauliflower and other ingredients – maple syrup, sriracha, olive oil, tamari, and pepper. Mix until the cauliflower is well coated.
- Pour the cauliflower onto the baking sheet and place in the oven. Be sure to give the cauliflower “room to breathe.” If the baking sheet is over-crowded, the cauliflower will “steam” and it won’t cook right. If you need to, divide it between 2 baking sheets.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until cauliflower is tender.
- I recommend serving this over a bed of steaming quinoa or rice.
- You can easily incorporate other vegetables with or instead of cauliflower.